Sometimes we like to educate, sometimes we like to entertain. Our blog, The Transporter, is always informative and interactive. Check out these top 10 blog posts from 2017.
10. We pride ourselves on having a fun working environment. In fact, the Bison culture has been recognized as one of Canada’s best places to work – several times. We shadowed one of our customer service folks and showed you what his day looks like. Spoiler: it involves a competitive game of badminton.
9. In the world of trucking, a very lucrative career move is becoming an owner-operator. We outlined what it’s like to be your own boss in this post.
8. As we discovered through various videos we produced, the American ELD mandate was certainly a hot topic across the industry. We chatted with our friends at Shaw Tracking to discuss ELD readiness and shipper preparedness.
7. Keeping with the hottest topic of the year, our next most-read blog post of 2017 was A-Z on ELDS: A Shipper’s Guide to Electronic Logging Devices. With Bison adopting the technology several years before the mandate came into effect, our team outlined how the transition would/did affect businesses operating in the U.S.
6. Sometimes there are more trucks available than drivers to operate them. In the post called 3 Ways to a Flexible Trucking Career That Works for You, we helped recruiting efforts by showcasing how driving can be a pretty sweet gig.
5. One of the lucrative routes to drive is Canada/U.S northeast short-haul. This post outlined how you can drive less and make more. (Why not?!?!)
4. Much like the video we produced on the same topic, our blog post about the AutoSock traction-control device was of major interest to readers. We outlined the pros and cons of using this alternative to tire chains.
3. It doesn’t matter how many years you have been driving or how many hours you’ve logged behind the wheel – you can’t drive distracted. You just can’t. This eye-opening test gave readers something to think about when hitting the road.
2. The approaching ELD mandate in 2017 once again had people clicking on another post surrounding this subject. In the post called The Hard Truth for Professional Drivers, we showcased our expertise in using this industry-changing technology.
1. We love that people read our blog and walk away with more knowledge than before they clicked over. So we’re incredibly happy that our most-read blog of 2017 is 10 Safe Driving Tips for Truck Drivers. It shows that drivers are committed to doing the best job possible so everyone can get home safely at the end of the day. If you haven’t had a safety brush-up in a while, this is definitely worth a read.