Met with a lot of excitement, the Volvo VNL 760s have been in design for five years and the first have started rolling into Bison's shops to be inspected, decalled, licenced and readied for the road.
Randy Fleming, district sales manager, Volvo Trucks Canada, gave us a quick tour of the VNLs made specifically to meet Bison's needs.
Here are some of the highlights:
1. Forward collision warning. An audible alert and heads-up warning display notifies drivers of danger before automatic braking is activated.
2. LED headlights. All VNL models feature LED high/low beam headlights, plus LED turn, marker, and parking lamps.
3. Volvo Active Driver Assist. Volvo Active Driver Assist helps drivers maintain a safe following distance.
4. Position Perfect steering. The VNL features a new three-motion tilt/telescope steering wheel that tilts in relation to the column.
5. Redesigned dashboard. A well-organized dashboard combines easy-to-read gauges, a five-inch colour driver information display and accessible controls.
6. Upgraded interior. The VNL driving environment has been refined to meet the needs of today’s drivers with various trim levels to provide style, comfort and function.
7. Refined seating. The Volvo VNL’s seating benefits from refined design, placement, adjustment, and control access.
8. New full-width sleeper. The new 70-inch-long sleepers on the mid-roof VNL 740 and high-roof VNL 760 have been expanded to 96-inches wide, maximizing living space and comfort.
9. Volvo I-Shift. Volvo’s I-Shift automated manual transmission reduces fatigue and helps the driver stay focused on surrounding traffic.
10. Adaptive Loading. A lift axle solution for 6x2 tractors, Adaptive Loading helps trucks run efficiently for every mile of every haul.