The Nominee(s) must:
- Be an employee in good standing with a minimum of one (1) year of service with Bison Transport.
- Demonstrate professionalism within their peer group or on behalf of the business and industry. Example:
- Recognized by peer group as Safety Ambassador or demonstrates OneBison.
- Provided assistance to a peer/Bison in areas such as; load legalization, staging, equipment repair, education, load exchange, trip planning advice, accident assistance, etc
- Reputation for a high level of integrity, ethical behavior, positive influence and professionalism in the trucking industry as a whole.
- Has consistency in overall performance which includes driving skill, attitude and contribution to industry improvement.
- Represents an OneBison mentality – works with the Bison Team to overcome issues to achieve the common goal of exemplary customer service. Maintains productive and professional relationships with all members of the Operations, Customs, Safety and Driver Services Teams.
- General Operational Performance (Utilization, on time service). Regularly utilizes the tools and resources available to maximize performance (Driver Performance Scorecard, Fuel Advice, etc.).
- Demonstrates Community and Industry involvement.
- Consistently demonstrates all of Bison’s core values (Safety, Spirit, Success, Sustainability, Service).
- Fosters continued learning and development within their occupation and shares knowledge with others. May assist in the training or orientation of new Drivers.
- Consistently deals with customers with courtesy and willingness to serve. May have received commendations from customers.
- Actively solves problems to avoid negative customer outcomes.
- Communicates with all members of the team regarding solutions to problems and/or communicates, as required, directly with the customer regarding changes to delivery times.
- Actively works to overcome situations which may give rise to service interruptions, late loads or service failures.
- Has limited “service failures” and on-time performance is above average.
- No preventable accidents.
- No freight claims.
- No more than two (2) moving violations within the last 24 months.
- May have received positive Driver Checks within the last 12 months.
- The Driver Safety Performance Score will be reviewed and must be in “low” risk.
Dedication/Commitment to Industry:
- Participates in industry and/or Bison Transport events.
- Actively contributes to our Driver recruiting efforts.
- Demonstrates strong advocacy for the Transportation industry and Bison Transport.
- A strong interest in furthering the professional image of the industry, as demonstrated by their actions and interests.
- Outstanding acts of courtesy, courage and/or assistance to fellow motorists on the highway.
- May participate in Driver Advisory Board (DAB) and/or other pilot projects. Actively participate and/or provide feedback.
Owner Operator Criteria – same criteria as above in addition to:
- Preventative equipment reliability.
- If Multi owner, must demonstrate effective employee management.
Want to nominate a Driver for next month's Driver of the Month awards?